On Mastering Midlife, Jen shares:
● Jen’s fight or flight moment that sparked the creation of her new book
● Why our need to be authentic means having conversations you wish to avoid
● What happens when our brain’s amygdala (our fight or flight reactions) fire up
● Why listening is better than instructing in open dialogue
● What you should consider about the other person’s point of view
● Jen’s tips on tackling your own fear responses
● Why you should keep empathy in the foreground of your conversations
How to Thrive When the World Asks the Most of Us…
Mark Silverman, Founder of the Mastering Midlife Podcast explores life at it’s most stressful and most productive. In this episode, he interviews Jen Dalton about her new book, Listen: How to Embrace the Difficult Conversations Life Throws at Us, which comes out December 7th. She shares insights about the book, why she wrote it, and how it can help individuals embrace life’s toughest conversations.
Featuring conversations with experts in the field of Mental Health, Executive Leadership, Business, Health, Exercise, Nutrition, Sex, and Relationship. Midlife is a powerful time, and together we will learn to “thrive when the world asks the most of us.”
Meet Mark Silverman
I believe that every human being has the ability to be successful, happy and fulfilled.
That becoming more of who you are (instead of what you think you need to be) will get you further in business, in your relationship and in life. It may or may not involve a change in career, but it definitely requires and deserves exploration.